Being a working single mom I need recipes that can be made on the fly. Every single freaking night at dinnertime my four year old is suddenly STARVING to death so me taking an hour to cook isn’t going to work for him. We love fish so I developed this recipe that can be made in under twenty minutes and is a big win for the entire family! The best part about it, is my 4 year old LOVES this meal. #momwins
WHAT YOU NEED (for 2 people):
-1 cup sushi rice
-1.5 pounds of salmon (I usually buy Atlantic salmon)
-1-2 eggs per person
-1 avocado, sliced
-2 tspns sesame oil
-2 tblspns soy sauce
-drop of agave
-salt + pepper
-black sesame seeds
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 425º
2. Cook the rice in a cooker or on the stove as directed on the package.
3. Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil.
4. Prep the salmon by placing it on a foil-covered tray with the skin side down. Drizzle some sesame oil and coat with salt & pepper.
5. Place salmon in the oven for 9-12 minutes (until flakey and cooked through).
6. Once the water boils, add your eggs in for 7 minutes.
7. While all of this cooks, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, & agave and whisk into a sauce. Set aside until ready to serve.
8. In a deep / wide bowl, layer the rice, then add the salmon, cut eggs in half, & avocado. Drizzle the sauce over everything & sprinkle some sesame seeds. Serve immediately & enjoy!
Enjoy and make sure you let me know how you like it.